A log of what changed with each new version from newest to oldest. Remember, G-Wizard tells you when you need to upgrade with a message in the top right corner of the screen.
If you need the latest version, it can be installed from this page.
Whoa! Did You Come Here Via Google Looking for Something written about on this page?
Cool. You Need to Get the G-Wizard 30-Day Trial So You Can Check It Out!
11/4/21: Release 5.20
- Removed the Integrate tab.
- Added an additional decimal place to IPT for micro-milling users.
- Fixed Weights Calculator which had stopped recalculating.
- Coolant options were not being shown for Twist Drills.
10/4/21: Release 5.13
- One button Material selection.
9/23/21: Release 5.110
- Added Amana Spektra Coating
- Fixed a bug in F360 import that gave chamfer tools the wrong diameter.
- Added African Blackwood to Materials.
8/16/21: Release 5.103
- Added ISO Material Families and Codes on the Material menus.
- Help should never say “No Help”. If there is no specific it takes you to the Help homepage.
- Added MillRight Mega V and ShopSabre IS 408 machine profiles.
- Changed new release download process so download is always done manually. G-Wizard will simply take you to the correct web page to do the download.
- Bug fix: Sometimes the exit “X” on window stopped working.
- Bug fix: Fixed a problem in CADCAM Hole Wizard where it would sometimes hang during calculation and not produce a result.
- Bug fix: Cut KB’s “Add” function was showing no Cut Types when the machine was a router.
7/13/21: Release 5.101
- Bug fix: Problems importing F360.tsv.
- Bug fix: Tool Crib Imperial/Metric Issues
6/7/21: Release 5.099
- Added Ooznest Workbee machine profile
- Added Haas Super Mini Mill 2
- Added Haas DM-2
- Added Next Wave CNC Shark HD510
- Added norway spruce Picea abies to Material DB
- UX: Moved Reset to Defaults button up under Gas Pedal
- Bug fix: Was ignoring TiAlN, AlTiN, and AlCrN coatings in some cases.
- Bug fix: There were some odd jumps in feeds and speeds going from 99% Tortoise Hare to 100%.
- Bug fix: Feedrate and RPM’s sometimes erroneously red.
- Bug fix: In some color schemes, Cut Width and Cut Depth were invisible.
- Bug fix: In CADCAM Wizards if cut depth < finish allowance it was unable to find a viable solution.
- Bug fix: Found a few cases where CADCAM Wizards feeds and speeds were lower than if you double clicked and looked at them in Feeds / Speeds tab.
- Bug fix: F360 .tsv libraries changed format. This fix allows us to import again.
- Bug fix: Setting TiAlN coating on non-carbide or non-endmills is possible, but gives 0 feeds and speeds. Changed it so it ignores the TiAlN in those cases. This allows you to track it in the Tool Library and still get feeds and speeds.
4/17/21: Release 5.094 (PC Beta Release)
Because of the very large number of changes since the last (v5.084) release, this is a Beta release. The download page requires you to ask for it specifically by pushing a button to get it.
– Added TiB2 (Alumastar) coating type.
– Added Hardlube coating type.
– Added AlCrN coasting type.
– Tool Crib search now searches when <Enter> is hit. Used to require a mouse click.
– Tool Crib search will now ensure that when it finds a result, the result is visible in the grid. If nothing is found, it will popup a “Not Found” message.
– Restored some of the fields that were being hidden in Easy Mode: Adj. Chipload, MRR, and Eff. Dia.
– CNC Routers limit CADCAM Wizard cut depths to 1 x D in any metal.
– CADCAM Wizard’s Machine limits on end mill size will be ignored if user overrides by selecting a tool.
– Cut Width and Cut Depth are in Red if value is 0 to remind user to set a value.
– Fixed a bug that prevented changing Tool Table in popup Tool selector for Feeds/Speeds.
– Added the ability to double click a tool in Tool Crib lists to select that tool for Speeds/Feeds.
– Fixed an off by one error when searching in Tool Crib.
– Improved Feeds and Speeds for solid endmills with over 4 flutes.
12/28/20: Release 5.084 (PC Release)
– New Digital Code Signing Certificate good through 2023. Note: if you have a certificate error on install, uninstall G-Wizard using the Windows Control Panel and try again.
– Added Tool Crib Filtering.
– Added a bunch of stainless tool steels for knife makers: CPM20CV/M390 CPM S90VN CPM110V AEB-L CTS-XHP
– Added Haas Super Mini Mill machine profile.
– Add Onfinity Woodworker machine profile.
– Add Eurotech 730 Sle profle
– Add profile for the Biglia 1999 lathe 510
– Add machine: MicroProto Systems VSS MicroMill DSLS 3000AB milling machine
– Add machine ProtoTRAK DPM V5
11/27/20: Release 5.083 (PC Release)
– Fixed a bug in calculating deflection in metric. G-Wizard was too conservative vs Imperial.
– Fixed a problem introduced by 5.082 that caused “To Crib” to fail sometimes.
– Fixed a number of issues relating to double click on a result in CADCAM Wizards.
11/24/20: Release 5.082 (PC Release)
– Fixed a bug where switching to Tool Crib for first time missed some of the tool parameters in the selected tool.
– Fixed the runaway window expansion bug when double clicking over from CADCAM results to Feeds/Speeds.
– Fixed a bug where double clicking a result in 3D surface CADCAM Wizard to Feeds/Speeds sent wrong Cut Width because it ignored the effective diameter of the ballnose.
11/9/20: Release 5.080 (PC Release)
– Retuned some of the rpm and feedrate penalties for deeper endmill cuts with low engagement for higher performance.
– Added European terminology for 4340. e.g. EN24T.
– Fixed a bug in European steel terminology.
– Added Wabeco F1210C machine profile.
– If SFM is 0, the min rpm message will recommend a 0 diameter which is nonsense. Don’t recommend anything smaller than 0.125.
11/5/20: Release 5.079 (Beta PC Release)
– More aggressive feedrates on some cuts. This is the Beta Test part.
– Added a Type column to the Machine Selector popup.
– Added Monterey Cypress to the Wood Database.
11/4/20: Release 5.078 (PC Release)
– Updated a number of the numeric fields in Feeds / Speeds so they change by +/- 5% instead of 0.0001. Nicer feel.
– Added Citizen Cincom M32VIII machine profile.
– Added a Machine Concierge button to bottom of machine profiles page.
– Fixed a bug that would sometimes limit new logins to a prior login that only had Lite.
10/24/20: Release 5.076 (PC Release)
– Behaves better when Login Server times out.
10/22/20: Release 5.075 (PC Release)
– Fixed a display bug in the Tool Crib Tool Editor.
– Fixed some metric bugs.
– Added Rolan EGX-360 to machines list.
10/19/20: Release 5.074 (PC Release)
– Fixed some save bugs in new machine profile UI.
– Fixed a bug that made Safe Mode sometimes not display in CADCAM Wizards.
10/15/20: Release 5.073 (PC Release)
– Stopped erasing the login when it fails to make it easier to retry or correct a minor misspelling.
– Fixed a timing glitch in logins.
– Improved the simple Machine Profile UI.
10/9/20: Release 5.072 (PC Release)
– Implement Easy/Powerful mode for Tool Crib.
– Fix problems reported by Beta: Double Click in CADCAM Wizards, a few login problems, and miscellaneous cosmetic problems.
10/2/20: Release 5.070 (Beta Test PC Release)
– More changes and improvements to experimental Easy/Powerful switch in Setup.
– Added a number of Copper alloys to the Materials DB.
9/26/20: Release 5.067 (Feathered PC Release)
– Changes and improvements to experimental Easy/Powerful switch in Setup.
– Fixed a bug that sometimes blocked changing non-crib endmill settings on CADCAM Wizards.
– Fixed a bug that sometimes blocked the Add / Delete from My Shop buttons from appearing.
9/18/20: Release 5.066 (Feathered PC Release)
– New experimental Easy/Powerful switch in Setup.
– Fixed a bug selecting Tool Crib tools.
– Fixed a bug in v5.06x that was causing tool deflection to always come out as 0.
9/15/20: Release 5.053 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a bug where some coating and tool material combinations resulted in 0 surface speed.
9/1/20: Release 5.052 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added support for Annular Cutters such as Rotabroach.
– Fixed a bug where double clicking a ballnose in the 3D Surface CADCAM Wizard came up as non-ballnose in Feeds/Speeds.
8/20/20: Release 5.051 (Feathered PC Release)
– Add a Costing area to the Tool Crib tool definitions. Currently it has Job Code and Price Paid fields.
– Usability fix: if My Shop is empty on machine selector show the big list of machines instead.
– Modified the “My Shop” function of the machine selector so you can only change My Shop when you launch the machine selector from the Setup tab. This keeps data integrity when using shared preferences folders.
8/18/20: Release 5.050 (Feathered PC Release)
– Usability improvement: Made the move tool table and rename tool table popups wider.
– Fixed a bug that made it impossible to rename tool tables.
– Reversed a bug introduced in 5.048 that made some CADCAM Wizards stop recalculating in certain conditions.
8/10/20: Release 5.048 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added Okuma Genos M560-V machine profile.
– Added Copper 101 in several conditions to Material DB.
– Fixed a bug that caused it to sometimes fail to save changes to the CADCAM Wizards crib list.
– Fixed a bug where Tool Crib selection was sometimes blank at startup.
– Fixed a bug where creating a new tool would sometimes change the Tool Crib selection.
8/5/20: Release 5.047 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added new machine profiles for Fanuc Robodrill, Makino ns45, and Mactec.
– Fixed a problem where Safe Mode was incorrectly calculating safe horsepower on machines with less than 1 Horsepower spindles.
7/21/20: Release 5.046 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a problem where shared folder didn’t change when edited until next session.
7/15/20: Release 5.045 (Feathered PC Release)
– Add machine profiles for Haas VF-7 and Ghost Gunner 2 and 3.
– Added heat treated S-7 steel to material list.
– Fixed a bug in shared preferences for the Tool Crib that could lock you out of editing a Tool erroneously.
– Fixed bugs that prevented the Tool Crib Probe and Thread filters from showing all the tools they should.
7/1/20: Release 5.044 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a bug in shared preferences to make the file locking more bulletproof.
6/29/20: Release 5.043 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added incremental search to Machine Selector to help navigating the long lists of machines.
– Introduced Concierge Machine Profiles: We’ll build you a machine profile for free upon request.
– Added many new machine profiles including OpenBuilds, Axiom, Sain Smart, Avid CNC, and some missing Shapeoko profiiles.
– Ballnose MRR and Deflection calculations are now more accurate. They were too conservative in prior versions.
– Fixed a bug that caused the spindle power curve settings to not always track properly in the UI.
6/27/20: Release 5.042 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added the ability to Download Tool Families and pre-defined Tool Cribs from CNCCookbook. Just click the Download button on either the Tool Crib page or the Tool Family popup.
– Created pre-defined crib and Family info so you can get Feeds and Speeds on the 8 most popular Spoilboard Bits from our survey.
– Turned off lead angle and corner radius compensation when using Mfg numbers.
– Fixed a number of edge case bugs to get spoilboard cutters working more smoothly with CNC Routers.
– Improved behavior of Tool Families by fixing various bugs and refining the algorithms a bit. It can do more with fewer examples now.
6/20/20: Release 5.041 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added latest Tomrach machines to default machines list. You will need this release plus click the download at bottom of machine profiles to get the new machines.
– Fixed a bug that made some duplicates in the machine list from time to time.
– Fixed a bug when you copy tools in the Tool Crib that made all the copies behave just like first one even if you changed some of their parameters.
6/14/20: Release 5.040 (Feathered PC Release)
– Got rid of the old Cut Optimizer popup in favor of the speedo buttons next to the parameters we can optimize (Cut Width, Cut Depth, Stickout, and Tortoise Hare Slider).
– Added the ability to optimize Stickout and Tortoise Hare Slider.
– Made Tool Crib cutter selection for CADCAM Wizards smarter. They will prefer carbide over HSS, coated over non-coated, and more flutes over fewer so long as it isn’t too many flutes.
– Updated help and user docs for CADCAM Wizards considerably.
– Fixed a bug that prevented CADCAM Thread Wizard from giving results.
6/3/20: Release 5.033 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a bug that could cause stickout to be set to flute length.
– Fixed a bug that could cause non-ballnose tools to be selected from crib on CADCAM 3D Surface Wizard.
– Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause coated carbide V-Bits to be treated as HSS Endmills.
6/1/20: Release 5.032 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a bug that could cause crib tools to underperform generic tools.
5/31/20: Release 5.031 (Feathered PC Release)
– Updated online help for Setup, Feeds/Speeds, and CADCAM Wizards.
5/29/20: Release 5.021 (Silent / Beta PC Release)
– CADCAM Wizards can now choose tool crib tools from a list of cribs. The first match wins.
– Several minor bug fixes to Tips and to CADCAM Wizards.
5/13/20: Release 5.010 (Silent / Beta PC Release)
– First release with the ability for CADCAM Wizards to choose a tool from the Tool Crib. To use the feature, you must specify a crib in the CADCAM Setup tab (next to Face Mill tab). It will only choose solid endmills for roughing and finishing. No twist drills or other tool types.
– Added C84400, C83300, and C85700 to Material DB.
– Hid Time column in CADCAM Wizard results grid when not in G-Wizard Estimator.
– Remove description box from Weights & Volumes when not in G-Wizard Estimator.
– Switched CADCAM Pocket Finish Pass, CADCAM 3D Surface, and CADCAM 2D Profile to use Ramp instead of Helix entry.
– Added a hint so users know that they need non-zero Cut Width and Depth to get Feeds and Speeds.
5/4/20: Release 5.000 (Feathered PC Release)
– New Tool Crib Tool selector in Feeds/Speeds has all the fields for each tool.
– Add units to several of the Mini-Calcs. More to come.
– Fixed several bugs having to do with selecting tools from the crib.
– Lots of behind the scenes work to make automatic selection of Tool Crib tools by CADCAM Wizards possible.
– Fixed a bug that showed the wrong icon to show for Chamfer / Countersink tools.
– Fixed a number of problems in Sine Bar calculator when operating in metric.
4/18/20: Release 4.997 (Feathered PC Release)
– There’s now a filter option on Tool Cribs to filter by operation type. Just click the graphical icon on the top right to see a popup with the filter options.
– Lots of minor updates to improve metric support for Chatter Calculator, CADCAM Wizards, Effective Diameter on Feeds/Speeds tab.
– Improved several of the icons for different tool types in Tool Crib.
– G-Wizard was using the right numbers when calculating horsepower for G-Wizard Lite, but the indication in Setup About was wrong. Since it differs based on whether your machine is a mill/router or lathe, Setup About now refers you to Feeds/Speeds to see the limit based on your machine.
– Per customer request, the popup graphical tool selection material now has a maximum size so it will make better use of screen real estate on large screens.
– Fixed a bug that could cause CADCAM Wizards to use a larger endmill size than allowed on the Setup menu for roughing.
4/12/20: Release 4.996 (Feathered PC Release)
– F360 Tool Library Import is out of Beta Test!
– Added noCutDia to Tool Crib
– Added Coolant Mode and Coolant Support fields to Tool Crib
– Added Taper Angle 2, Tip Length, and Shoulder Length to Tool Crib
– Revised GWC Tool Crib Documentation Page
4/10/20: Release 4.995 (Beta PC Release)
– F360 Tool Library Import now supports Taper Angle. Early versions ignored it.
– F360 Tool Library Import adjusts for differences in how F360 interprets tool diameter on tapered tools vs G-Wizard.
– Added metric support to Property List in Tool Crib.
– Made units switch automatically for both grids in Tool Crib.
– Added unit conversion to Tool Family popup. More needed.
– Fixed problem that gave non-zero feeds and speesd when Cut Depth or Cut Width are zero. It was confusing for some users.
4/9/20: Release 4.994 (Beta PC Release)
– F360 Tool Library Import will now keep going if it hits a bad tool. It’ll tell you which tool was bad, but it will import the good tools. Prior releases were all tools or nothing.
– Fixed a bug that caused Feeds/Speeds to ignore Tool Crib selection until you visited the Tool Crib tab.
4/8/20: Release 4.993 (Beta PC Release)
– Fixed a bug importing F360 Tool Libraries with metric dimensions.
4/7/20: Release 4.992 (Beta PC Release)
– First version with F360 Tool Library import.
4/5/20: Release 4.991 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added a bunch of new Tool Crib fields:
o Clockwise: Tells whether the tool should be spun clockwise (true) or counter-clockwise (false).
o Shoulder Length: For non-cutting length of tool
o Taper Angle 2
o Tip Length
o Product Link: You can save a web link to the tool. Click “Open” button in Tool Crib Tool Editor to visit it.
– New Material: 1084 steel
– New Material: ASTM A500 Square Steel Tubing
– New Material: Stainless 321. ASTM A182 F321.
– CADCAM Wizards Hole Wizard will now step diameters by Tool Sizes.
– Warn against more than 3 flutes on all non-ferrous metals (was just aluminum).
– Fixed some problems double clicking CADCAM Wizards to get to Feeds/Speeds view.
3/13/20: Release 4.990 (Feathered PC Release)
– Took out Google and Facebook login option. They were confusing too many people.
– Added additional detail messages when CADCAM Wizards returns a “No viable” answer.
– Reduced rubbing limit for indexable tooling.
– Improved CADCAM Turning Wizards for threading, grooving, and parting.
– Fixed some bugs in CADCAM Wizards that prevented the double click drilldown to view the results on Feeds/Speeds tab.
3/6/20: Release 4.989 (Feathered PC Release)
– Recalibrated the Indexable tooling Feeds and Speeds for Woods and Plastics so they can be used for Spoilboard Surfacing Tools.
– Changed the Tool Diameter setting so that the up/down arrows select valid sizes from the Size popup. This is much more useful than going up or down by a tenth or a thousandth of an inch (or metric equivalent).
2/24/20: Release 4.988 (Feathered PC Release)
– Many improvements to “Safe Mode” for Beginners and Small CNC Machines.
– Made CADCAM Wizards smart enough to choose a smaller diameter tool to avoid going below Min RPM limit on High Speed Spindles.
– Fixed some bugs that made double click to transfer from CADCAM to Feeds/Speeds give surprising results.
2/18/20: Release 4.987 (Feathered PC Release)
– Implemented “Safe Mode” for Beginners, folks using small CNC’s, and anyone who wants maximum conservatism.
2/14/20: Release 4.986 (Feathered PC Release)
– Full Thread Calculator support for NPT Threads. For example, the Report pane is there with many new thread measurements.
– Made G-Wizard Feeds/Speeds a little less aggressive when drilling some Stainless grades.
– Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause G-Wizard to refuse to exit, particularly on Win 10.
2/5/20: Release 4.982 (Feathered PC Release)
– Improved UI for Tapered Threads on Thread Tab.
– Fixed a bug that would sometimes trigger GWLite mode if renewal was after expiration of prior subscription.
1/30/20: Release 4.981 (Silent PC Release)
– Added Thread Starts capability to Thread Calculator.
– Fixed an error in calculating NPT pipe thread pitch diameters. Only affected certain sizes.
– Fixed a bug on corner radius setting for feeds/speeds.
– Labels on tool diagram not showing up in all color themes. Fixed.
– Fixed a bug in CADCAM Wizards OD Turn Wizard that caused it to calculate the wrong number of passes.
– Fixed a bug that prevented selecting Carbide Spade Drills.
1/13/20: Release 4.98 (Feathered PC Release)
– Added unit indicators to all fields on the Machine Profile and Feeds/Speeds pages.
– Improved UI and layout on the Threads tab for Measurement Over Wires and Tap Drills.
1/6/20: Release 4.96 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a problem that could sometimes cause CADCAM Wizards to generate a recipe that exceeds the HP limit.
1/3/20: Release 4.96 (Feathered PC Release)
– Updated Getting Started tours to make them match the Trial emails better.
– Added new Getting Started tour for Chatter.
12/23/19: Release 4.95 (Silent PC Release)
– Updated Getting Started tours to make them smoother and easier to use for Trials.
– Fixed a bug that made it nearly impossible to run offline.
11/14/19: Release 4.92 (Silent PC Release)
– Mocked up UI to allow CADCAM Wizards to choose tools from Tool Crib.
– Fixed a bug that was causing some of the limit alarms in Feeds/Speeds to fail.
– Bring up validated users in Feeds/Speeds at startup.
11/14/19: Release 4.91 (Silent Mac Release)
– Make it install on Catalina. This is only interim.
10/16/19: Release 4.9 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a bug where helix angle was not treated properly on metric machines.
– Quit loading g-code macro variables in GW Calculator. They’re only needed by Editor.
– Fixed a bug where correct graphic of some turning tools was not being shown.
– Suppressed version update at end of session for Macs. While the Mac version isn’t released as I write this, I believe this will help Mac Users having problems exiting G-Wizard cleanly.
10/16/19: Release 4.89 (Feathered PC Release)
– Improved login UI so it is more informative about why logins fail.
– Fixed a couple tool selection menu bugs.
– Added a hint to help folks know when they have too much stickout on a tool.
– Added cross-referencing to the Alloy menu for more metal naming standards such as ASTM, CMS2, NEWBS, OLDBS, ISO, UNS, Werk Nr, DIN, AFNOR, UNI, and JIS.
10/3/19: Release 4.86 (Feathered PC Release)
– Fixed a couple bugs in Geometry menu for Feeds/Speeds.
9/16/19: Release 4.85 (Silent PC Release)
– Fixed a bug where some of the endmill tip shapes like Ballnose were running too slowly.
– Fixed a bug where selecting a cobalt twist drill and then going back to a carbide endmill created problems with tool material selection on future tool selections.
8/9/19: Release 4.84 (Silent PC Release)
– Fixed a bug where some of the endmill alternate tip types (e.g. Serrated Rougher) would get translated HSS Endmill.
8/8/19: Release 4.83 (Silent PC Release)
– Onboarding improvements with Getting Started. It will show until trial is over or all lessons are completed. It had a bug that would check off the Setup and Examples prematurely–fixed that.
8/5/19: Release 4.82 (PC Release)
– Made Tool Crib a top level tab so you no longer need to go through Setup to get to it.
– Tool Crib search now checks all text fields to make it easier to find tools.
– Added some onboarding to present a tip that helps new trial users learn how to use the Tool Crib sooner.
– Added Sherline 5000 Mill to the pre-defined machine profiles.
– Fixed a bug in the Cut Optimizer that meant it was looking at rpms incorrectly in some cases.
7/19/19: Release 4.81 (PC Release)
– Ability to set a Tool Table type in Tool Crib.
– Ability for a Tool Table to have a fixed number of slots, for example so it can represent an Automatic Tool Changer on a machine.
– “All Tools” checkbox on Tool Crib shows all tools in all crib tables. This makes it easier to search across all tables or to find tools across all tables.
– Added an “Empty Slot” tool type to show when a slot is empty (e.g. for Automatic Tool Changers).
– Fixed a bug that prevented saving Helix Angle and OAL in Tool Crib.
– Made UI more clear that you can either set the hardness or the alloy of a material, but not both.
7/1/19: Release 4.80 (PC Release)
– Minor bug fix release.
6/26/19: Release 4.79 (PC Release)
– Fixed a bug in Indexable tooling feeds & speeds.
6/19/19: Release 4.77 (PC Release)
– Fixed a bug that prevented changing diameter on indexable tooling for graphical tool menu.
6/17/19: Release 4.76 (PC Beta Release)
– Fixed some bugs when selecting Tool Crib tools.
– Fixed a bug that limited performance of TiAlN and HP Carbide Endmills for HSM.
6/13/19: Release 4.74 (PC Beta Release)
– Add Tool Crib Types and Max Slots. Slots functionality is not yet operational. Types will help make it possible to keep up with the physical location of any tool in your shop. Types can include specific storage areas, bins, tool carts, and machine toolchangers. Create a tool table for every tool storage location in your shop and assign the tools to those tables to reflect their physical location.
– Made minor UI changes to Tool Crib functions to make them more usable.
– Tool tables are no longer machine specific. You don’t have to declare them for mills or lathes.
– Add Usibor 1500P / 22MnB5 boron steel to Material DB.
– Fixed a couple bugs from 4.73 that made coatings difficult to use.
– Fixed a bug that blocked use of HSM feeds & speeds.
5/30/19: Release 4.73 (PC Beta Release)
– Serious work on Tool Crib means graphical menus for both Mill and Lathe. Plus all tools, mill and lathe, are available no matter what type of machine you have. The graphical menus for Lathe Tools (Turning, Parting, Grooving, Threading, and Boring) are all new.
– Added a new set of Tool Crib fields to track Tool Holders. These include the Tool Holder Type, Tool Holder Description, Tool Holder Length, and Tool Holder Diameter. These are purely informational and are not used in Feeds & Speeds calculations.
– Fixed a layout problem where the Sizes button was getting clipped.
– Fixed a number of Tool Crib-related bugs and UI issues reported by customers.
– Fixed a bug where G-WIzard window didn’t repaint properly when maximized.
4/23/19: Release 4.72 (Mandatory PC Release)
– Did a total re-layout of Feeds/Speeds app to make it visually more friendly and easier to follow.
– Removed “Simplify” and “Rigidity” widgets from Feeds/Speeds. They were clutter that added little value and were seldom being used.
4/17/19: Release 4.71 (PC Release)
– Fixed a bug that prevented changing the tool’s material type. Introduced in 4.68, fixed next day.
– Fixed a couple other obscure tool crib bugs.
4/16/19: Release 4.68 (PC Release)
– New “My Shop” on Machine Selector lets you configure just the machines in your shop.
– Added Helix Angle to tool geometry. Calculations now take advantage of it, especially tool deflection.
– Added a new machine profile for Shapeoko with Carbide Compact Router for spindle.
– Added new tool types: “Probe”, “Other”, and “Empty Toolholder.” These are all non-cutting and give 0 rpm, 0 ipm feeds and speeds.
– Fixed several open Tool Crib bugs.
4/12/19: Release 4.67 (PC Beta Release)
Beta release with more new Tool Crib features:
– Two pane display lets you see more about a single tool without scrolling and mimics the way most CAM Tool Libraries work.
– Tool Drop Down menu label now incorporates geometry information to make it more obvious to tell what’s going on at a glance.
– Added a new Tool “Status” field that will be used to help manage inventory. It’s values include, “OK” (OK to use), “No Consumable” (needs sharpening or new inserts), “Broken”, “Service”, “Other”, “Borrowed”.
4/11/19: Release 4.66 (PC Beta Release)
Beta release with new Tool Crib features:
– Graphical tool type icons
– Tool Table Menu lists tables in alphabetical order
– New field “Overall Length”.
3/30/19: Release 4.62 (PC Silent Release)
– Turned off modal setup to see if new users like it better.
3/25/19: Release 4.61 (PC & Mac Release)
– Add Geometry thumbnails for Saws & Woodruff Cutters, Indexable Drills, and Gun Drills.
– Fixed some readability bugs on Surface Finish Mini-Calc.
3/21/19: Release 4.6 (PC Only Feathered Release)
– Did a major revamp on Deflection with a bunch of new settings under Setup Other. Their function is described in our Tool Deflection tutorial.
– Now display the Deflection Limit next to the deflection value on Feeds / Speeds page.
– Fixed a bug which prevented downloading new machine profiles in some cases.
3/19/19: Release 4.591 (PC Only Feathered Release)
– Boosted indexable tooling performance.
– Increase max spindle rpm to 200,000 rpm on Machine Profiles.
– Added checking for tool column of crib files. Garbage in that column could cause all kinds of problems.
– Fixed a bug where feedrates in seconds rather than minutes option was not always being saved.
2/7/19: Release 4.59 (PC Only Feathered Release)
– Added PCD Drills.
– Made CADCAM 2D Profiling Wizards smarter about using multiple passes to get around some obstacles.
– Fixed a bug in display of Mean Minor Diameter on Thread Wizard
– Fixed a bug where login could stop without a message if Cloud access was spotty.
1/26/19: Release 4.58 (PC Only Feathered Release)
– Fixed a bug that was creating duplicate entries in the Machine List.
1/10/19: Release 4.56 (PC Only Feathered Release)
– Fixed a bug in CADCAM Wizards that made them choose extremely light cuts. This bug hadn’t been there very long, but it greatly reduced the MRR’s possible with CADCAM Wizards.
12/20/18: Release 4.55 (PC Only Optional Release)
– GWLite now has a minimum of 2 HP instead of 1.
12/13/18: Release 4.54 (PC Only Optional Release)
– Added Stellite 6 and Stellite 25 to Material DB.
– Add CADCAM Wizard Setup options for power users: Use Premium Coolant Options and Default Roughing Strategy. These will allow higher MRR’s.
12/7/18: Release 4.53 (PC Only Optional Release)
– Created new video walkthrough of First Time Setup: https://www.cnccookbook.com/g-wizard-calculator-video-university/
– Give better feedback on why logins fail–ID not recognized, trial expired, etc..
12/6/18: Release 4.52 (PC Only Optional Release)
– Simplified UI for CADCAM Wizards. Removed all the time-related features–they’re for GW Estimator anyway. Options are hidden until you press the new “Options” button.
– Added new machine profiles for Tormach 1100M and 770M.
– Added some additional usability logging to help improve onboarding.
12/4/18: Release 4.51 (PC Only Optional Release)
– New Gage Block & Sine Bar Calculator under Geometry tab.
11/30/18: Release 4.50 (PC Only Silent Release)
– New Setup Wizard at startup for new users.
11/28/18: Release 4.49 (PC Only Silent Release)
– Improve on-boarding for new trials. When they logout they’re taken to the upgrade page.
10/30/18: Release 4.47 (PC & Mac Feathered Release.)
– No new functionality. Signed with latest digital certificates that won’t expire until 2021.
9/13/18: Release 4.45 (PC & MacFeathered Release.)
– Add a Chamfer option to Pocket and 2D Profile CADCAM Wizards.
– Improved Tool Crib Wizard with more Twist Drill options. You can now select Imperial, Metric, Wire Gage, and Letter Sizes.
– Improved Login Wizard to try to make it more clear why a Login isn’t being accepted, and to reduce the number of EULA popups.
– Added new materials: Dibond ACM and Sintra PVC Foam Board.
– Added an option on Setup Basics to keep the GW Calculator window on top.
– Added a “To Crib” button to make it easy to add a tool setup in Feeds/Speeds to the Crib.
– Added a Getting Started Tour for Tool Cribs.
– Fixed a bug on GD&T Quick Ref–clickthroughs to web site weren’t going to correct page.
– Fixed a couple areas that would only show Imperial units so they now can show Metric as well.
7/26/18: Release 4.44 (PC and Mac Feathered Release. Mandatory update.)
– Add the Interpolation “Helix” Mini-Calc to Thread Mill Feeds/Speeds page.
– Got rid of the 4 flutes in aluminum warning for Thread Mills.
– Made EULA acceptance more forgiving. It would fail to login if the user accepted before the message was fully loaded.
7/16/18: Release 4.43 (Feathered PC Only)
– Improved the CADCAM Wizards for Lathes so they can get around machine horsepower limitations by reducing depth of cut.
– Fixed a bug where the percentage dial gauge for deflection was being erroneously shown without the rest of the deflection information.
– Fixed a bug in the Thread Calculator that caused the Manual Lathe threading passes to show to large an infeed.
7/13/18: Release 4.42 (Silent PC Only)
– Fixed some bugs when certain tool types were set as being “Cobalt” material (e.g. Reamers).
– Fixed a bug where Cut Width label remained visible when the Cut Width field was not.
7/11/18: Release 4.41 (Feathered PC & Mac)
– De-dupes machines list.
– Fixed a couple bugs in the new deflection calculations.
7/2/18: Release 4.39 (Silent PC only)
– Made a number of improvements to streamline onboarding and setup for new users.
– Fixed a deflection bug where a weird combinations of flute length, stickout, and cut depth could led to excessive calculated deflection.
– Redoing Examples to use latest screen shots.
6/27/18: Release 4.37 (Feathered PC+Mac)
Made a number of improvements to Tool Deflection & Cut Optimization calculations:
– Works much better close to spindle power limits.
– Deflection now takes flute length vs overall tool length into account. Shorter flute length = less deflection.
– Deflection now has a more sophisticated model of Shank Diameter vs Tool Diameter. This gives a better result for small endmills, which frequently use a tapered shank.
Taken together, these changes all allow a little more breathing room before encountering deflection limits.
6/24/18: Release 4.36 (Silent PC Only)
– Testing in-app registration improvements.
6/18/18: Release 4.34 (Feathered, PC & Mac)
– Fixed a bug that prevented the deflection warning from being triggered properly.
6/18/18: Release 4.33 (Feathered, PC & Mac)
– Moved deflection to top of its column and added a color changing percentage indicator to it.
– Fixed problem where text inside the Tortoise Hare slider was invisible in some themes.
6/17/18: Release 4.31 (Silent, PC Only)
– Added more entries to hardness conversion database so it can convert a wider range of hardnesses.
– Fixed a bug where choosing soft alloys didn’t show the hardness in the “More” button of Feeds/Speeds
– Fixed a bug that could hang at startup sometimes if the last tool used was deleted from the Tool Crib in the prior session.
– Added Stepcraft to machine profile database
– Machine profiles are now downloaded from the web so they can be updated without installing a new version of G-Wizard.
– Improved screen real estate before for screens with less than 768 pixels height.
– “Original Flava” theme now does a much better job restoring itself if you switch to it at run time.
– Eliminated the simple tool menu on Feeds/Speeds. There’s now just the one popup.
– Fixed a problem with the Tap Drill table and metric use on the Threads applet.
6/14/18: Release 4.30 (Silent, PC Only)
5/29/18: Release 4.20 (Feathered, PC & Mac)
– Fixed a bug in which options showed with interpolated holes in the CADCAM Wizard.
– CADCAM Wizard now adds tool change times to time estimates.
– Fixed a bug on More Material selector where it wasn’t showing the wood species after selection.
– Fixed a bug with Tool Crib Tools. After selecting one in Feeds/Speeds that had Mfg info, there was no way to get rid of the Mfg info when a Tool without Mfg info was selected.
5/29/18: Release 4.20 (Feathered, PC & Mac)
– Fixed a bug in the new “More” button Material Selector.
5/28/18: Release 4.19 (Optional, PC & Mac)
– G-Wizard will now remember your last tool and crib chosen across sessions.
– Fixed a bug in the new “More” button Material Selector
5/25/18: Release 4.18 (Optional, PC only)
– Updated the UI of the “More” button Material Selector to be more friendly.
– Fixed a bug that could delete Tool Crib entries if you cancel out of creating a new tool.
5/24/18: Release 4.17 (Optional, PC only)
– Added Hardness Conversion Calculator and unit-independent Hardness widget to Material browser (More button) in GW Calculator.
4/23/18: Release 4.16 (Optional, PC only)
– Added Tapping and Thread Milling to CADCAM Hole Wizard.
– Added ISO Metric Trapezoidal threads to Thread Calculator. It was disabled in 4.15.
– Minor bug fixes
4/15/18: Release 4.15 (Optional, PC & Mac)
– New Lollipop tip type for end mills.
– Added ISO Metric Trapezoidal threads to Thread Calculator.
– Added Manual Lathe instructions to Thread Calculator.
4/2/18: Release 4.11 (Silent, PC Only)
– New Setup Wizard to make onboarding easier.
– New Manual Lathe tab in Thread Calculator.
3/27/18: Release 4.1 (Optional, PC Only)
– Beta Release of the new Thread Calculator.
– Adds BSPP and ACME threads.
– Fixes bugs in metric unit conversion for the Vacuum Mini-Calc
3/18/18: Release 4.04 (Optional, PC Only)
– Beta Release of the new Thread Calculator.
– New Thread Family Metric MJ Aerospace Threads
– New Thread Family Whitworth BSW Threads
– New Thread Family British Association (BA) Threads
3/9/18: Release 4.01 (Optional, PC Only)
– First Beta Release of the new Thread Calculator.
– New Thread Family Added: UNM
– New Thread Family Added: UN STI
– New Thread Family Added: ISO STI
– New Thread Family Added: Pg
– New Thread Family Added: UNJ
– Implemented multiple thread starts in Thread Calculator
3/3/18: Release 4.01 (Optional)
– First Beta Release of the new Thread Calculator.
– Fixed some bugs in CADCAM Hole Wizard that gave erroneous “No viable feeds and speeds” message.
– Added D2, F51 (UNS S31803) Duplex, and CPM 10V steels to Materials DB.
1/4/18: Release 4.00 (Feathered)
– Added Blind Hole Clearance Calculator for tapping blind holes. It can be found on the Threads tab.
12/5/17: Release 3.99 (Silent)
– Added tool images to tool selector for Spot Drill, Reamer, Spade Drill, Boring Head, Taps, and Thread Mills.
– Added a % indicator to the Deflection field so you can tell how close to the limit you are.
– Tool Crib csv file format now has a “units” column that tells whether the units for all values in the row are inches or mm.
8/6/17: Release 3.97 (Silent)
– New Feature: CADCAM Wizards added a column for cut entry type (Plunge, Ramp, or Helix) and Feedrate when pocketing or 2D profiling.
– Fixed a bug where every other new tool created in the crib could sometimes overwrite an existing tool.
8/6/17: Release 3.95
– Double click on a row in results of CADCAM Wizard will transfer the result to Feeds/Speeds for further refinement.
– Added Kovar F-15, Plexiglass, and Lexan to Material DB.
– Added support for Countersinks under geometry for endmills.
– Added a new Center Drill image to the Geometry menu instead of showing a generic endmill.
– Fixed a bug in the Simple Machine Setup that sometimes prevented it from saving.
7/9/17: Release 3.91
– Added new simplified machine setup. Use the Simple tab unless you need max performance and then fill in the Advanced tab. Setup is much faster–60 seconds or so.
6/14/17: Release 3.90 (Mandatory release)
– Added material AL6XN, a type of stainless steel.
– Fixed a bug that made it hard to access lathe tooling when creating new tools in Tool Crib.
– Fixed a problem on really tight screens or when resizing the window small where the IPR and Plunge feedrates could be cut off or hidden.
– Added unit indicator for feedrates on Machine Profile.
5/2/17: Release 3.89
Release 3.89 adds a Polar to Rectangular Coordinate Calculator to the Geometry applets in G-WIzard.
3/16/17: Release 3.87
Release 3.87 is the latest (and hopefully last) in a bevy of silent fix releases that dealt with various issues reported in the field about Tool Families and that dealt with various other minor features including:
– Added 5051 aluminum
– Set up Tool Selection from cribs to order the menu in whatever order the user has the Tool Crib sorted in.
– Alphabetized Tool Crib names.
2/25/17: Release 3.81
Release 3.81 adds:
– Tool Families can now be Shared Preferences.
– Added Tool Family support to Tool Crib. Your Tool Crib tools can now be set up with a Tool Family.
– Added new material PVDF to Plastics: Soft.
– Added the ability to import Tool Families via CSV file.
– Fixed some bugs on the Material selection “More” button that made it refuse to select specific alloys and conditions when selected via History List or Keyboard.
– Fixed a couple of minor bugs on the Weights and Volumes applet.
2/7/17: Release 3.80
Release 3.80 adds:
– Option to set Inches per Second on feedrates for Shopbot users. The option appears on the Machine Profile.
– Added new Machine Profiles for Shopbot Desktop, Desktop Max, and PRSalpha CNC Routers. To add them to your list, click the “Reset” button on the Machine Profile page. It adds back any default profiles that aren’t there but won’t change profiles that exist already.
1/31/17: Release 3.72
Release 3.72 adds:
– The “Plunge” label on Feeds/Speeds is now a dropdown so you can see feedrates to enter cuts using Plunge, Helix, or Ramp styles.
– Renamed “Interpolate” mini-calc “Helix” for compatibility with the Plunge style.
– Tool crib now stores coating and tool material.
– Changed Tool Crib so that when you create a new tool, it uses the same generic parameters every time instead of the parameters of the currently selected tool. While the latter can be a handy shortcut, it was confusing way too many people.
– Fixed a number of minor bugs in the tool crib reported by customers.
1/24/17: Release 3.70
Release 3.70 adds:
– Unit labels on fields of Feeds/Speeds to make it more obvious.
– GD&T applet now handles all GD&T symbols.
– New Getting Started Tour shows how to use the Cheat Sheet.
– Built with AIR 23 for compatibility with GWE.
1/4/17: Release 3.69
Release 3.69 adds:
– Cheat Sheet: Press this button below the Tips to pop up the Ultimate Feeds and Speeds Cheat Sheet
– CNC Router vs VMC Rigidity Options: When using rigidity adjusted power curves, there is a new option to aim for either CNC Router or VMC level rigidity. CNC Routers are typically less rigid because they’re doing lower tolerance work.
12/8/16: Release 3.66
Release 3.66 adds:
– Added support for ZrN coating.
– Changed text color on Threads applet to improve readability.
– Added a short cut to copy RPM and Feedrate to clipboard if you click their labels. This just reduces the number of steps required to copy them over to your CAM software.
– Fixed bugs in calculating pipe weights and a bug that sometimes caused CADCAM Wizards to select a Cut Width wider than the cutter.
10/26/16: Release 3.65
Release 3.65 adds:
– New GD&T App under QuickRef tab gives a summary of GD&T Symbol Meanings with links to our GD&T Tutorial.
– New Machine Selector popup allows machine list to be filtered by Make.
– Added Fadal VM 15, VMC 15XT, VMC 4020, and VMC 4525 machine profiles.
– Added Hurco VM20i and VMX24i machine profiles.
– Fixed a unit conversion bug in the Ramping Mini Calc. It was always showing Imperial.
– Improved the usability of the limits. Limits now turn red when within 0.5% of their redline. There are tips that explain what the limits mean. Plus other detail changes.
9/24/16: Release 3.61 (Minor Release)
Release 3.61 adds new Social Login and Getting Started Tours per the article linked.
9/17/16: Release 3.59 (Minor Release)
Release 3.59 adds:
– Lots of updates to streamline and improve the usability of Login process. Added Social Logins, for example.
– Fixed a bug where pressing “New Tool” with no Tool Crib selected was causing problems.
8/29/16: Release 3.49 (Minor Release)
Release 3.49 adds:
– Fixed Bug: Tabbing through a field shouldn’t turn on the padlock.
– Added G10 Material under Composites.
8/15/16: Release 3.45 (Minor Release)
Release 3.45 adds:
– Corner Rounding Endmill: New geometry type for Endmills.
– When importing toolcrib.csv, if there is no key or tabname, these fields will be automatically created.
– Made Cut Optimizer 3-5x faster
– Retuned feeds and speeds a bit for composites and chamfer bits.
– Reclassified ABS from hard to soft plastic per Onsrud’s practice.
– Fixed a bug where cancelling from the Tool Crib popup menu meant it would take 2 clicks to bring the menu back.
7/31/16: Release 3.38 (Minor Release)
Release 3.38 adds:
– The old version would overwrite toolcrib.csv if there was an error loading it. New version renames it toolcrib.csverror rather than overwriting it.
– Add new materials by user request: N08031, Copper C110 H02.
– Tool crib would develop errors if “<” or “>” was used in any of the text fields. Fixed this problem.
– Modified Tortoise-Hare slider to allow percentage settings so it now has 100 settings instead of the original 4. Also made it produce a smoother curve of results than the old slider.
– Expired trial users now get lifetime access to Calculator, ToDo, Threads, and QuickRefs.
– Added a bolt circle save function to save to a csv file.
– Re-formatted the Hardness conversion page and added some new scales.
– Moved the IPR display down next to the IPM feedrate for Lathe Feeds and Speeds.
– Added a new graphical tool selector page for Indexable Face and End Mills.
7/8/16: Release 3.34 (Minor Release)
Release 3.34 adds:
– Lumber Size Calculator
– Hawaiian Koa Wood added to Material DB
6/27/16: Release 3.33 (Minor Release)
Release 3.33 adds:
– Giant new databases for Softwood and Hardwood.
– Feedrate adjustment based on Janga hardness for Softwoods and Hardwoods.
– Added a Beginner’s Glossary accessible from the First Login Menu.
– Updates to Machine Setup Guided Tour.
– Wrote a new Material DB Guided Tour.
– New Maraging Steel 300 and 250 Materials.
– New Duplex 2205 Material.
– Fixed some Tool Crib issues around Lead Angles and corruption of that field in CSVs.
– Moved Plunge label closer to Plunge Feedrate value.
6/12/16: Release 3.31 (Minor Release)
– Vacuum Table Mini-Calc
5/10/16: Release 3.30 (Minor Release – Mandatory)
Release 3.30 introduces the ToDo Wizard. A Pomodoro-style time management aid for CNC’ers.
5/5/16: Release 3.26 (Minor Release)
Release 3.26 includes:
– Added a Real Time Cut Optimizer feature. Just click the label of Cut Width or Cut Depth to see the values immediately update to the maximum they can be within deflection limits.
– Support for PCD endmills.
– Fixed a bug that made it impossible to change the angle on a V-Bit.
– Fixed a problem with editing Cut Width.
– Fixed an error in calculating the effective chipload when rpm is overidden and HSM is checked.
4/10/16: Release 3.21 (Minor Release)
Release 3.21 is a minor release that includes:
– Improvements and bug fixes to the new pictorial popup tool menu.
– Fixed a few Cut Optimizer issues.
4/2/16: Release 3.19 & 3.20 (Minor Release)
Release 3.19 & 3.20 are minor releases that include:
– Feeds and Speeds now recalculates on every keystroke. v3.20 fixes bugs in keystroke editing brought on by this new recalculation scheme.
– Fixed bugs preventing the editing of Tool Crib geometry.
3/12/16: Release 3.18 (Minor Release)
Release 3.18 is a minor release that includes:
– Redid the layout of the New Tool popup in the Tool Crib for increased readability and consistency with the Feeds and Speeds app.
– New graphical tool menu comes up when the Geometry button is pressed.
– Increased the wait time on logins for slow Internet connections to succeed.
3/2/16: Release 3.15 (Minor Release)
Release 3.15 is a minor release that includes:
– Tool Menu Popup (access via “…” button just right of tool menu) is now operational. We’ll continue to label it Beta for a release or two, but I’ve been using it successfully for my own work. There’s quite a lot of new functionality there, and still more to come in future near-term releases.
– Fixed a bug where making the shared folder a removable drive and then unmounting the drive could sometimes hang the software.
– Alphabetize machine list for better usability.
– Improved behavior of CADCAM Hole Wizard so it can get around Tool Deflection challenges a little better.
– Fixed material menus to stay synchronized between Feeds and Speeds and CADCAM Wizard tab.
2/12/16: Release 3.10 (Minor Release)
Release 3.10 is a minor release that includes:
– Added a bunch of user requested Aluminum alloys including: 6026, 33103 H14, 4015 H14, 5251 in O, H22, H24, and H26 conditions, and 6106 T6.
– Fixed some problems when trying to use CADCAM Wizards with Routers.
– Updated CADCAM Wizards so it uses the current unit system (metric or Imperial) for tool diameters.
– CADCAM Wizards now get the hints in the results table for each cut stage.
– Added a Shapeoko 3 Machine Profile with two variations–one for DeWalt and one for Porter Cable spindle.
– Changed the label on the Mfg’s Data to make it clear this data is optional and not required for a Feeds and Speeds calculation.
2/2/16: Release 3.09 (Minor Release)
Release 3.09 is a minor release that includes:
– Fixed some Tool Crib issues.
– Updated Tool Selection UI Mockup so it does a more complete job bringing in the current tool’s parameters and so it works better with the Tool Crib. There were also a lot of behind the scenes changes to support the new Tool Selection UI.
1/26/16: Release 3.06 (Minor Release)
Release 3.06 is a minor release focused fixing some bugs that prevented proper saving of the spindle power curve for some users. Also fixed conversion back and forth to metric vs imperial units on the spindle power curve.
1/20/16: Release 3.04 (Minor Release)
Release 3.04 is a minor release focused on presenting a new UI design for the Tool Selection menu for comment. The UI design is a mockup that is not functional and is intended for comment only.
1/14/16: Release 3.03 (Minor Release)
Release 3.03 is focused on usability improvements:
– HSM now recalculates automatically when you change Cut Width. The UI is changed slightly to reflect this. You can override the Tool Engagement Angle if you want to enter one manually rather than use Cut Width to calculate it.
– Changed the Tips message so it is a drop down to make it easier to see multiple Tips.
– Added new tips for Aluminum that warn to use Coolant/Mist/Lubricant and to use less than 4 flutes with endmills.
1/6/16: Release 3.02 (Minor Release)
Release 3.02 fixed a bug that prevented the Crib Wizard from working.
1/4/16: Release 3.01 (Minor Release)
Release 3.01 fixes a bug in Cut Optimizer that comes up with very tiny endmills (e.g. 0.005″ diameter).
1/2/16: Release 3.00 (Minor Release)
Release 3.00 is a minor release that includes:
– Tool Cribs can now be shared.
– Added a Tormach PCNC 440 machine profile. Just click “Reset” to add back any new machine profiles to your list. Existing profiles will not be overridden.
– Added CPM S35VN steel to the Material DB. This is a popular high performance stainless for knife makers.
– Made some cosmetic improvements to the Feeds and Speeds page.
1/1/16: Release 2.99 (Minor Release)
Release 2.99 is a minor release that includes:
– Tool Crib bug fixes.
– Added 8640 Steel to Material DB
12/16/15: Release 2.98 (Minor Release)
Release 2.98 is a minor release that includes:
– Shared Machine Profiles
– Added Melamine to materials under MDF, and SAE 660 Bearing Bronze to Materials DB.
– Converted the file format of machine profiles to CSV. You can load it into Excel to look at it or modify it if that’s convenient. Be careful not to delete any columns or change the first row.
– Made the Plunge Feedrate accessible for Copy.
– Fixed some bugs in the Hardness conversion utility
– The Machine Hourly Rate Calculator button is back to tell you that it is available in G-Wizard Estimator, which is free during Beta Test to G-Wizard Calculator users.
10/20/15: Release 2.95 (Minor Release)
Release 2.95 is a minor release that includes:
– New 3D Surfacing CADCAM Wizard.
10/12/15: Release 2.94 (Minor Release)
Release 2.94 is a minor release that includes:
– Startup of CADCAM Wizards is considerably faster than it was.
10/6/15: Release 2.92 (Minor Release)
Release 2.92 is a minor release that includes:
– Update on slitting saw support. Now gives a warning when the depth of cut is too large for a pass.
– Added Materials: ATS-34, ATS-35, 3CR12, 13-8PH @ H1000, 4047 aluminum.
– Fixed a bug where settting full Tortoise with an 80% derate on chipload could force the rubbing warning to be on all the time.
– Made a number of improvements in numeric field behavior for localized regions that use “,” instead of “.” for decimal point.
9/7/15: Release 2.87 (Mandatory Minor Release)
Release 2.87 is a minor release:
– Added Login Helper to make it easy to troubleshoot the login process.
– Fixed a couple localization problems in Machine Setup.
– Made Feeds and Speeds a bit more graceful dealing with Horsepower Limits.
9/2/15: Release 2.86 (Minor Release)
Release 2.82 is a minor release:
– Added Login Wizard to simplify the login process.
– Added in-app offer notification so you don’t miss out on our sales.
8/9/15: Release 2.82 (Minor Release)
Release 2.82 is a minor release:
– Machine Hourly Cost Calculator has been moved to G-Wizard Estimator.
– Fixed a variety of customer reported bugs in CADCAM Wizards. In particular, the CADCAM Hole Wizard for Lathes had a lot of work done on it.
– Added a DFM warning when parting more than 10x the parting blade width per Sandvik recommendations.
7/3/15: Release 2.81 (Minor Release)
Release 2.81 is a minor release:
– Added Thread Mill Feeds and Speeds.
– Added ER Collets to the list of standard tapers.
– Added PTFT to Plastics – Soft
– Added a machine profile for the Tormach 16 PRO Slant Bed Lathe
– Added an option that is on by default to constrain stepdown to equal steps for CADCAM Wizards
– Fixed a few minor bugs reported by customers.
5/13/15: Release 2.80 (Minor Release)
Release 2.80 is a minor release:
– Add support for High Pressure Coolant with TSC. Improved TSC coolant support as well.
– Added a machine profile for Carbide 3D Nomad 883.
– Fixed a few minor bugs reported by customers.
3/19/15: Release 2.79 (Minor Release)
Release 2.79 is a minor release:
– Tune up the Fits and Tolerances applet.
– Changed Home and End key behavior on numeric fields so it moves cursor to first and last position.
– Fixed a bug in ID Turning CADCAM Wizard that caused it to miscalculate the number of passes.
– Added boring bar sizing DFM messages to ID Turning CADCAM Wizard.
3/19/15: Release 2.78 (Mandatory Release)
Release 2.78 is a minor release:
– HP calculations were tweaked to make them better for marginal horsepower situations on small machines. They also figure in the HP reductions due to High Lubricity Coatings and Serrated Corncob Roughers.
– Fixed a bug where you couldn’t sort the columns of data grids.
3/15/15: Release 2.76 (Minor Release)
Release 2.76 is a minor release that adds A513 Low Carbon Steel material for Feeds and Speeds.
3/2/15: Release 2.75 (Minor Release)
Release 2.75 is a minor release that adds a new Cobalt Chrome (CoCr) material family for Feeds and Speeds.
2/16/15: Release 2.74 (Minor Release)
Release 2.74 is a minor bug fix release that fixes a problem where the “Sizes” button was disabled.
2/12/15: Release 2.73 (Feathered Release)
Release 2.73 is a minor bug fix release:
– Fixed a problem with feedrate being way too large when a Ballnose is selected in Metric.
– Add C69300 Silicon Brass to Material DB.
1/28/15: Release 2.72 (Minor Release)
Release 2.70 is a minor feature release:
– More tuning up on the new Data Grid personalization features.
– Tormach users get 3 HP on Lathes in GWLite mode to support the Tormach lathe.
– Added Haynes 188 / Inconel 188 to the Materials DB
– Changed icon on login bar from accessing the User Club Forums to accessing the Question Exchange.
1/15/15: Release 2.70 (Minor Release)
Release 2.70 is a minor feature release:
– Many of the Data Grids now have enhanced functionality so you can change the order of columns, hide columns, change column width, and change sort order and the system will remember these choices from one session to the next. This helps greatly with tables that have a lot of columns, such as the tool table. To invoke the feature, just click the mouse in the column header and popup to edit the columns will appear.
– Updated the spindle power curve so it can have as many points as you wish and it shows a snazzy graph of the curve as well.
– Flute Length in the Geometry table is now working and will be saved in Tool Tables.
– Fixed a slew of Localization problems when the decimal is something other than “.”
– Fixed a few other user-reported problems and usability glitches in various places that aren’t encountered very often.
12/27/14: Release 2.64 (Minor Release)
Release 2.64 is a minor feature release focused on these areas:
– Audited and revamped MRR and spindle power calculations. Incorporated refinements from Kennametal on how to modify HP based on W/D ratios as well as how to modify HP based on whether it’s turning, drilling, or milling. Most others just use the same machinability factor for all these cases and that’s not quite right.
– Fixed some user-reported issues with CADCAM Wizards.
12/6/14: Release 2.59 (Minor Release)
Release 2.59 is a minor feature release focused on these areas:
– Material History List (under “More” button) now updates whenever Materials are selected instead of just when they’re selected via “More”.
– Turning Feeds and Speeds now warn when RPM limit is reached by turning it red.
– Added a “No Plunge” warning for Compression and Downcut bits on CNC Routers.
– Fixed problem where graphics would disappear on QuickRefs, Fasteners.
– Fixed a bug on CADCAM Wizards so you don’t have to hit “Recalc” to change between extents modes.
– Made the data grid horizontally scrollable on CADCAM Wizard results for better usability on smaller screens.
– Modified the Tortoise Hare slider to make sure the feedrates are always in order. Sometimes a faster feedrate could appear in the middle of the range before this update.
– Added #12 flat head screw size to QuickRef fasteners.
– Added new materials: 5115 / 16MnCr5 / 1.7131 Steel, ASTM A743 CA6NM, C65500 High Silicon Bronze, Din No. 1.4305 Stainless steel, ST37- Din No. 1.0037 Steel, F91, F22, and F11.
10/15/14: Release 2.58 (Minor Release)
Release 2.58 is a minor feature release focused on these areas:
– Added features aimed at supporting large Tool Tables better. These include ability to search for tools in tables, the ability to filter tools by type in the Feeds and Speeds popup, and performance enhancements aimed at making very large tables perform better.
– Fixed a problem whereby some of the graphics were missing in v2.56 from the Thread Reference, Countersink/Chamfer Geometery, and a couple other places.
10/9/14: Release 2.56 (Mandatory Minor Release)
Release 2.56 is a minor feature release focused on these areas:
– Changed CADCAM Wizards to use a recalc button at the top right. It turns red when recalculation is needed. We had a lot of users who felt like the automatic recalculation was too slow when they wanted to change multiple input parameters, so this should make them much happier.
– Added Mach3 tool table formats to the Tool Crib Import/Export. We will start adding CAM tool table formats soon too, but this one gets us started down the path of supporting multiple formats.
– Our code signing certificate is expiring, so this release has a migrational certificate plus a newly renewed certificate.
9/9/14: Release 2.54 (Minor Release)
– Adds new silent download upgrades
– Fixes a problem where Tabbing between fields in FeedsSpeeds had quit working
– Corrects error in minor diameter data for 6-32 threads.
– Corrects a problem that would sometimes hang the Face Milling CADCAM Wizards during recalc.
8/25/14: Release 2.52 (Minor Release + Mandatory Release)
Release 2.52 fixes a problem with Field Operators that had made them hard to use.
7/17/14: Release 2.51 (Minor Release)
Release 2.51 fixes a problem that prevented CADCAM Wizards from recalculating if accessed before the Feeds/Speeds page. Also improved the accuracy of CADCAM Wizard time estimates.
7/2/14: Release 2.50 (Minor Release)
Release 2.50 fixes a problem that was inhibiting recalc of the CADCAM Wizards on some machines.
6/27/14: Release 2.49 (Minor Release)
Release 2.49 fixes a problem that would times trigger recalc over and over in CADCAM Wizards. It also adds new materials: AR400, AR500, 4145, and Hastelloy X. Lastly, it disables the 3D Surfacing CADCAM Wizard so the fact that it is still just a mockup is less confusing.
6/12/14: Release 2.48 (Minor Release)
Release 2.48 fixes problem problems with the Threads app that were introduced in 2.47.
5/26/14: Release 2.47 (Minor Release)
Release 2.47 fixes a problem with indexable tooling when lead angle is other than 90 degrees. It also reduces the startup time.
5/9/14: Release 2.45 (Minor Feature Release)
Release 2.45 fixes a couple of bugs to do with error messages and adds the new Crib Wizard to the Tool Crib page. The Crib Wizard is capable of automatically generating Tool Crib entries for endmills or twist drills in standard sizes. In addition, Tool Cribs now have a “Description” field that can be used to describe the purpose and contents. Also added a unit indicator for drill peck depth.
4/29/14: Release 2.42 (Minor Release)
Release 2.42 fixes a couple of minor problems with the Tool Crib tool editor (pops up with double click).
4/24/14: Release 2.41 (Minor Release)
Release 2.41 fixes a problem with Center Drill Feeds/Speeds.
4/21/14: Release 2.40 (Feature Release)
Release 2.40 is a feature release that adds:
– Added Lathe Threading as a new Tool Type in Feeds/Speeds.
– Added a Threading CADCAM Wizard.
– Added the ability to transfer thread specs from the Thread Database to the Threading CADCAM Wizard.
– Added a Center Drill Tool Type in Feeds/Speeds.
– Added CADCAM Custom Wizard for CADCAM Estimator and other Cycle Time calculations.
– Updated the csv file format to include an “opTime” column that is the time in minutes for the operation. This makes it easier to do further calculations on the operation.
– Fixed a bug in calculating the number of passes for the CADCAM OD Turn wizard.
4/7/14: Release 2.38 (Minor Release)
Release 2.38 is a minor feature release that adds:
– Peck Depth is now displayed in the Tips on Feeds/Speeds
– Did a mini-upgrade on Peck Depths. Added through spindle coolant and HP (high helix) support.
– For Mill-Turn users, you can now select Milling tools through the “Milling” sub-menu at the bottom of the Lathe Tool Menu.
3/28/14: Release 2.37 (Feathered Release)
Release 2.37 is a minor feature release that adds:
– Improved UI of Groove/Part in Feeds/Speeds to be clearer.
– Added Groove/Part CADCAM Wizard.
– Custom CADCAM Wizards to calculate cycle times on arbitrary Feeds/Speeds setups and add them to CADCAM Estimator.
– Reduced the slowdown penalty for deep cuts that have very shallow stepover. These cuts will now run faster.
– Fixed some bugs to do with not triggering recalc every time it was needed in CADCAM Wizards.
– Improved the automatic balancing of real estate among the different controls on a CADCAM Wizard so that it optimizes better and you can see more without scrolling.
3/21/14: Release 2.36 (Feathered Release)
Release 2.36 is a minor feature release that adds Facing and ID Turning (Boring) CADCAM Wizards.
3/19/14: Release 2.35 (Mandatory Release 3/28/14)
Release 2.35 is a minor bug fix release:
– Made the message about incompatible machines only appear when the Tool Crib is open because that is what it refers to.
– Fixed a bug that grayed out the Surface Finish calculator for ballnosed endmills.
– Changed precision on “Leadscrew” on the Motor tab in QuickRefs to 4 digits.
– Fixed a rounding problem on some numbers in the Calculator. It was showing tiny errors 16 digits out.
– Fixed a problem setting the corner style on the OD Turning CADCAM Wizard.
– Fixed a couple of metric bugs on the OD Turning CADCAM Wizard.
– Increased the Surface Speed when machining brass with TiAlN coated endmills. It still can’t go as fast as aluminum (as recommended by most tooling manufacturers) but it is closer.
– Fixed some cases in CADCAM Wizards where SFM or IPR might show “NaN”.
3/13/14: Release 2.34
Release 2.34 is a minor bug fix release:
– Fixed some OD Turn Wizard problems with metric.
– Fixed a problem where the Cut Depth Mini-Calc wouldn’t paste back to Feeds and Speeds.
– Fixed a problem that would sometimes cause the Spindle Power Curve code to make feeds and speeds oscillate between best for HP and best for Feedrate.
– Changed the popup Feeds and Speeds from CADCAM Wizards so they won’t allow Tool Crib picks until CADCAM Wizards can handle them.
– Fixed a problem that made it hard to change the machine associated with a Tool Crib.
3/10/14: Release 2.33
Release 2.33 is a minor bug fix release:
– Added Titanium alloys TA14, 15, 16, and 17 to the Materials DB.
– Fixed a bug calculating ballnose endmills when cut depth was greater than tool radius. Bug was introduced in 2.30.
– Fixed a problem where the CADCAM Hole Wizard could quit recalculating if non-standard hole diameters were used.
– Fixed a problem where TiAlN and HP endmills would come up without those prefixes when editing an entry in the Tool Crib.
3/9/14: Release 2.32
Release 2.32 is a minor bug fix release. Tool Cribs that had double quotes for inches in the string fields were losing those tools.
3/4/14: Release 2.30 + 2.31
Release 2.30 is a minor release focused on:
– New OD Turn CADCAM Wizard for lathes.
– Added Chamfer Mill geometry.
– Lots of clean up work on Tool Crib and Tool Geometry.
– Release 2.31 fixed a bug introduced in 2.30 that was ignoring a chipload value and generating NaNs in the feeds and speeds results.
2/28/14: Release 2.29
Release 2.29 is a minor release focused on usability and bug fixing for the Tool Crib and Tool Geometries. It’s clearing the way to make it easier to add more geometries going forward.
2/17/14: Release 2.28
Release 2.28 is a minor release that focuses on:
– UI for OD Turning CADCAM Wizard is mocked up along with CADCAM Wizard options for lathes.
– Added History and Search to Material DB “More” button popup.
– Added Phenolic and Tufnol to Material DB.
– Added an explanatory label to Feeds and Speeds Tortoise-Hare slider that explains what each setting is for. Spread out the stops so they’re more evenly spaced. There used to be a big gap from Full Tortoise to the next step up.
– Fixed a bug in loading CADCAM Estimator files.
2/11/14: Release 2.27
Release 2.27 is a minor usability release that focuses on:
– Got rid of commas in numeric fields.
– Did an overhaul of Gun Drill Feeds and Speeds. Reviewed a bunch of new data and fine tuned it. Simplified the UI to quit showing fields that don’t affect Gun Drill such as Cut Depth and Stickout.
– Added MIC-6 and K-100 cast aluminum tooling plate to the material DB.
– Fixed some seldom seen Cut Optimizer bugs associated with the interaction between CADCAM Wizard and Feeds and Speeds.
1/25/14: Release 2.26
Release 2.26 is a minor bug fix release that focuses on:
– CADCAM Wizard bugs reported by users.
– Changed the rubbing warning to be less sensitive for soft materials like Plastic and Wood.
1/8/14: Release 2.25
Release 2.25 is a minor feature release that includes:
– New popup Feeds and Speeds popup for CADCAM Wizards. Just double click the row on the operations list, edit in the Feeds and Speeds popup, then click the Save button. This makes it easier to fine tune and optimize the CADCAM Wizard results.
– New ability to import Estimate files (csv files).
– New file format for the Estimate files with more record types and more columns to capture more information. Note: there are more file format changes coming and the current format is primarily for testing and casual use. Once we have a complete file format, we’ll publish a spec for it and make future versions upward compatible.
– Added Waspalloy to the Materials DB.
– Fixed a number of problems with CADCAM Wizard time estimating.