As part of our recent article, Where do CNCCookbook Readers Come From, we ran a little survey to see what role they play in CNC Machining. Folks were allowed to check as many answers as they wanted, so be aware that there is overlap–a person may play more than one role. For example they might like CNC both as a hobby and as a profession.
Here are the results:
How are you involved with CNC Machining?
If you would’ve asked me, I would have said our readers are a diverse, creative, and skilled audience, but the survey really nails that down with numbers:
– Over half of you, 51%, design products–talk about creative, very creative.
– Nearly half enjoy CNC as a hobby–me too, it’s great fun!
– In terms of roles, the majority are CADC/CAM Operators, followed by Engineers, followed by Machinists, followed by Machine Operators.
– 20% of you manufacture commercial products and that’s broken down as half job shops (I make products for others) and manufacturing of your own products.
– Almost 15% own the shop and 12% manage the shop.
For a little context, CNCCookbook gets 2.5 million visitors a year, which makes it the most popular CNC Blog by far. Thanks to all of you for making that possible, I really appreciate it.
If you have friends who are interested in CNC, help us get the word out. Forward an article you think they might like, or click one of the many buttons scattered around to share on Facebook or the other social networks. We don’t do any advertising, so we depend on word of mouth and searchers who find the answers to their questions on CNCCookbook to grow.
Like what you read on CNCCookbook?
Join 100,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
Just enter your name and email address below:
100% Privacy: We will never Spam you!
Bob is responsible for the development and implementation of the popular G-Wizard CNC Software. Bob is also the founder of CNCCookbook, the largest CNC-related blog on the Internet.
HA, I must of missed this. I didn’t vote. My YoutTube channel is here so you can see what I do – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC44Nr4YheIaPXAlFaHN5NgA