12 months by cncdivi
We did this live video stream Monday at 10am Pacific, so I wanted to post the recording in case you hadn’t been able to attend or wanted to review some part of it. The LiveStream was very well attended and there’ve been a number of views since, so I’m sure you will get some value out of it.
The LiveStream was in 3 parts. I opened with a bit of chalk talk that covered the various topics I wanted Beginners to have under their belts before trying to calculate any Feeds and Speeds or make any parts. These topics included:
- What happens when you don’t have good feeds & speeds?
- Will feeds and speeds fix all of those problems? Spoiler: No, and this gave a chance to cover various other topics Beginners will want to be aware of to get best results.
- Differences in how CNC Routers and Lightweight Hobby machines need to approach feeds & speeds (vs Industrial CNC Machines).
- Why Feeds & Speeds are hard
- The 3 biggest Feeds & Speeds myths
From there, I did a quick demo of G-Wizard and it’s new Easy mode that makes Feeds & Speeds even simpler for beginners.
Then, I opened up for the attendees to ask questions. We covered a bunch as you’ll see in the video:
Check out the Feeds and Speeds for Beginners LiveStream…
Like what you read on CNCCookbook?
Join 100,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
Just enter your name and email address below:
100% Privacy: We will never Spam you!
Recently updated on March 8th, 2023 at 03:19 pm
Bob is responsible for the development and implementation of the popular G-Wizard CNC Software. Bob is also the founder of CNCCookbook, the largest CNC-related blog on the Internet.