Here’s a cool CNC Router made by Michael Warren who is the James Dyson Fellow at the Royal College of Art’s InnovationRCA. It’s a portable CNC Router and his web site is Grow CNC.
Custom Transit Cases…
Some slick features of the Grow CNC:
– Modular design that can be expanded through upgrades and accessories.
– Magnetic self-locating quick release assembly brackets that instantly and accurately align the machine during setup.
– No need to calibrate the machine between set ups.
– A floating slave wheel that allows the machine to work around obstacles and move smoothly over rough materials, compensating for imperfections in the work piece. Existing obstacle and holes can be bridged with scrap material without affecting the Z height.
–Unlimited work piece size.
Check out the video (can’t go wrong with Johnny Cash on the soundtrack):
Like what you read on CNCCookbook?
Join 100,000+ CNC'ers! Get our latest blog posts delivered straight to your email inbox once a week for free. Plus, we’ll give you access to some great CNC reference materials including:
- Our Big List of over 200 CNC Tips and Techniques
- Our Free GCode Programming Basics Course
- And more!
Just enter your name and email address below:
100% Privacy: We will never Spam you!