Enter a drawing to win a SideStop work stop and receive our free weekly newsletter.Enter Now!
G-Wizard Troubleshooting: Can't Login or Install
Use this page for help troubleshooting the installation and activation of the G-Wizard products. If you don't find it here, try our Help Desk page for even more help.
Help Installing G-Wizard
Where is the Installation Page so I can reinstall my software or get the latest update?
If you can't install G-Wizard or it won't come up, try our Install Troubleshooting Page.
Help Logging In to G-Wizard
Got it Installed But Can't Login to Use the Software?
Try our Login Helper:
Make sure you're properly registered or the software won't work.
If you've purchased, that's your registration. If you want the free trial, you'll need to register.
Our registration process is the same one used by most every Internet product:
1. Fill out the registration form with your name and email.
2. Receive a return email with an activation link that has to be clicked to confirm that the email you gave is a real email account.
3. Once you click the activation, and after a short period of time, your account is activated.
There's nothing else to it than that. The process is identical to what companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and all the rest have used for years. In addition, most machinist's online forums, CNCZone, Practical Machinist, and the rest, use exactly the same approach too.
Where this can go off the tracks is:
- You didn't get the return email after filling out the registration form. It could be lodged in your spam filter. Note that you'll get a fresh new email after each registration and they come within a matter of a couple of minutes.
- You didn't return email, you ignored the link in the email that has to be clicked, or the instructions didn't make sense. Sorry about that! But you will get an email from us and it will only be this "opt-in" email. Find the link in it and click it.
- You unsubsrcibed from the mailing list. When you unsubscribe, we delete you from the database so your trial ends at that point.
Last thought: if you've done all this and G-Wizard still complains you're not registered, trying logging off and retyping your email address. Often there will be a simple typo. You need the exact same address you used to register.
How do I get Help?
Try this page first, and if you're still having problems, head on over to the CNCCookbook Customer Portal.
The Portal will allow you to search for answers to your problems or to file a trouble ticket and get customer service.
What are the System Requirements for G-Wizard?
The G-Wizard products run on Windows and Machintosh systems as Adobe AIR applications. As such, the Adobe AIR System Requirements are applicable. G-Wizard Calculator is very lightweight, and it doesn't take much of a machine to run it. G-Wizard Editor includes a lot of graphics to support the Toolpath Simulation, so more powerful systems will run faster.
Your machine will need an Internet connection to install G-Wizard, and then it needs to connect once every 4 weeks. In between the 4 week check-in intervals, no Internet connection is needed.
For G-Wizard Editor, you can check whether your graphics card is supported by checking whether the graphic at the bottom of this page is animated.
I can only access G-Wizard's Calculator page or, In G-Wizard Editor, I can't load a file. What gives?
This is what the software does when it doesn't think you're authorized to use it. There's a box that comes up early you may have dismissed that gives more details. There are three cases where this can happen:
- Your trial ran out. We give one 30-day trial to everyone. Maybe you used yours a while back and forgot you'd done it? Also, if you unsubscribe to email, the trial ends immediately.
- Your subscription ran out. Only G-Wizard Calculator will keep working as G-Wizard Lite when the subscription runs out. The others won't let you keep going.
- You need to upgrade to a later version of the software. A couple of times a year we do a mandatory upgrade to make sure everyone is keeping up with the latest releases. If you haven't installed the most recent mandatory upgrade or one of the later releases, it will prevent you using the software until you do.
Do you want to be a better CNC'er?
Get Better Tool Life, Surface Finish, and Material Removal Rates.